EDM 310 Class Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Personal Learning Network (PLN)

So far, all I can say about my PLN is.... Symbaloo! You might remember this program from the video about the 7th Grader's Personal Learning Network Video from my last blog post.
I am very picky when it comes to organization.  I just am.  I know it sounds weird, but it has to look right, it has to be easy to use, and it cannot be annoying.  Google Reader for instance, and its layout, is annoying.  It just is.
But, Symbaloo, on the other hand, is cute. I like color and creativeness and visual interest or I completely lose focus.  I have added my blog, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, the EDM310 Class Blog and Alumni Blog, my university account, university email, Yahoo, YouTube Account, Diingo, Evernote, Vimeo, and more all in one place, arranged neatly and cutely, with no confusion or wasting of time.  In this class we have so many websites to visit and comment on, videos to watch, sites to sign up for, it just makes it so very simple.  I cannot tell you the time I am saving by having Symbaloo.
AND, it gets me excited because I can see just how much I am learning because it's all assembled together on one screen.  I am a very visual person so I like images.  I don't have a screen shot of what my PLN looks like (yet), but here is what one might look like, just to pique your interest:

No comments:

Post a Comment